All of our staff are happy to assist you with any enquiry. If you have any suggestions on online information we could include, write to us.
Jobdesk – Multimedia Services
Phone: +61 3 990 52747
TSG provides a wide variety of print, design and multimedia production services. These include printing, graphic design, photography, video and other media production. The multimedia team is able to provide high-quality results for all of your project requirements, and liaise with external printers and suppliers as necessary.
Technology Services Group is only available to members and affiliates of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
In an effort to provide greater access to this central faculty resource, MNHS Multimedia only charges for consumable costs and services sourced from outside the unit. All staffing costs are allocated as part of the overall MNHS Multimedia Service's annual budget. This resource is provided on the basis of reasonable use. For further information please view the following pdf:Charging Outline 2011 - Multimedia (32kb pdf)
Key multimedia services
- Printing and copying services for posters, flyers, booklets, research publications, postcards, photo printing and other faculty publication material
- High-volume black and white printing and booklet making
- Graphic design and layout including branding advice and publishing
- Powerpoint presentations and other multimedia production
- Photography and video production (in our studio or on location)
- Binding and laminating
- High-volume CD and DVD burning
- Poster branded templates
Submitting jobs to TSG multimedia
Click here to log into multimedia jobdesk, or use the link in the Contact Us box on the right.
To download a Jobdesk User Guide (pdf file), click here.
Important information to supply with jobs
For better job management, please supply as much of the following information as possible:
- Due dates
- Cost centre and fund numbers, and department to which job will be charged
- Quantity (even rough numbers to help us with workflow planning)
- Contact details including full delivery address for jobs
- Job number of old jobs if referring to previous work (there may be a code on the back of more recent publications with a job number - our code is TSGxxxxxx)
- Job specifications, including double/single sided, binding etc. See Other services
- If requesting design work, please give us as much information about your expectations and colour preferences etc (or supply examples) so that we may help with solutions you are happy with. We will be able to advise you what is appropriate in terms of Monash branding.
- Please tell us if your file has been produced on a Mac
- When supplying images, please supply as separate files (not inside Word files). Please don't give us images from the web as they are not high enough resolution to print (see Resolution explained). Make sure all relevant copyright permissions are obtained.
- It is better not to write messages in closed jobs as they don't appear on our job queue. Email us or submit another job if your job has been closed.
TSG multimedia location and opening hours
Level 3, Building 15, Monash University Clayton campus, Wellington Road, Clayton 3800
Office opening hours
Monday to Friday
Access to work pickup table (next to elevator on Level 3) is from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
FAQs and useful information
- Internal mail and couriers
- Setting up page size in Powerpoint
- File types we accept
- Converting files to PDF
- MAC files and issues
- Printing timelines
- Urgent jobs or quick turnaround times
- What is offset printing?
- Resolution explained
- Posters with transparent images and fills
- How to give us changes
- Playing DVDs on computers