Mrs Maureen Dixon
Obesity Research Unit, Deptartment of General Practice
Telephone: +61 3 8575 2273
Facsimile: +61 3 8575 2233
Maureen has over 10 years experience in research into obesity, weight loss and the changes weight loss induces in obesity related conditions having transferred to the Department of General Practice in late 2007 from the Monash University Centre for Obesity Research and Education. She is currently working on an NHMRC funded project looking at the detection, assessment and management of childhood obesity in general practice. Her research interests are in obesity, its comorbidity, weight loss and the ultimate translation of research into practice.
- Hayden MJ, Dixon ME, Dixon JB, Playfair J, O'Brien PE. Perceived Discrimination and Stigmatisation against Severely Obese Women: Age and Weight Loss Make a Difference. Obes Facts. 2010;3(1):7-14. Epub 2010 Feb 112009:
- Dixon JB. Laurie CP. Anderson ML. Hayden MJ. Dixon ME. O'Brien PE.Motivation, readiness to change, and weight loss following adjustable gastric band surgery. Obesity. 17(4):698-705, 2009 Apr. 2009:
- Jones KM. Dixon ME. Dixon JB. Childhood Obesity, BMI calculators, and medical software: time for an upgrade? Aus Fam Phys. 30(9):731-732, 2009 Sept.
- Dixon JB, Dixon ME, Anderson ML, Schachter L, O'Brien P E. Daytime sleepiness in the obese: not as simple as obstructive sleep apnea. Obesity (Silver Spring). Oct 2007;15(10):2504-2511.
- Dixon JB, Dixon ME, O'Brien P E. Birth outcomes in obese women after laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding. Obstetrics and Gynecology 2005;106(5):965-72.
- Dixon JB, Dixon ME, O’Brien PE. Depression in association with Severe Obesity: Changes with weight loss Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:2058-2065
- Dixon JB, Dixon ME, O’Brien PE. Body image: Appearance orientation and evaluation in the severely obese and post-obese. Obesity Surgery. 2002. 12:1 65-71
- Dixon JB, Dixon ME, O’Brien PE. Quality of life after Lap Band placement – Influence of time, weight loss and comorbidities. Obesity Research. 2001; 9(11): 713-721
- 2001 : Dixon JB, Dixon ME, O’Brien PE. Pregnancy after Lap Band surgery: Management of the band to achieve healthy weight outcomes. Obesity Surgery. 2001; 11(1): 59-66.
- 2001 : Dixon JB, Dixon ME, O’Brien PE. Elevated homocysteine levels with weight loss after gastric restrictive surgery: higher folate and vitamin B12 levels required to maintain homocysteine level. Int. J. of Obesity. 2001; 25: 219-227.